Junior Project Manager – Job Description
Job Description & Core Responsibilities
REPORTS TO: Sr. Project Manager, Project Manager, Chairman/CEO and/or President
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Not Subject to Overtime)
STATUS: Full-Time, Salary
The Junior Project Manager position is designed to provide support to Blue Stone in areas of research, marketing, business development, project analyses, project management, and project delivery. The position works closely with all employees, especially Blue Stone Project Managers, Senior Project Managers & Project Managers, to provide support for day-to-day operations and creation of deliverables for projects. The position is also essential in developing Blue Stone’s client tracking, management and data organization and project management.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Junior Project Manager will be involved in a variety of tasks in all areas of Blue Stone’s business activities. These tasks will generally be categorized in the following areas:
Research, Marketing and Business Development
- Utilizes multiple resources to gather industry-relevant data to assist in business development, marketing, and public relations to aid in building the Blue Stone brand and services.
- Gathers and tracks data about relevant current events in Indian County and distributes them to the Blue Stone Team to assist in the creation of eblasts.
- Provides research for thought leadership, articles, press releases, website content and other Blue Stone communications.
- Inputs relevant data and research into Blue Stone database; performs database updates and maintenance.
- Contributes to the marketing process by providing support to various aspects of marketing operations.
- Supports marketing duties including press lists, press releases, blog releases, bio writing, website monitoring, and event coordination and planning.
- Gathers data related to weekly and ongoing business development activities.
- Drafts project proposals/requests for proposals (RFPs) by compiling all necessary information and drafting proposals for leadership approval and submission.
- Ensures completion of proposals including coordinating team responses and getting proposals sent out (with guidance as needed).
- Handles administrative duties such as timesheets, pipeline reports, etc.
- coordinates resources and appointments for Blue Stone projects, conferences and business development activities.
Project Development and Delivery Support
- Assists in data compilation and analysis (including visual presentation development: graphs, charts, etc.).
- Drafts interview guides, tracks interviews, records and synthesizes interview comments. Performs research, interviews and other data gathering exercises to support project development.
- Assists in project tracking and developing status updates.
- Coordinates project meetings with clients.
- Supports team on-site logistics, scheduling, room preparation, staging and material transport.
- Assists in the project delivery process including but not limited to: research and analysis, inputting client data and updates, and following up on client requests.
- Takes notes at meetings, status update calls, etc.
- Synthesizes, qualitatively, data for thematic analysis.
- Drafts documents, surveys, graphics and presentations as needed, including final presentations and case studies.
- Presents on findings and team recommendations for project deliverables.
- Assists in project execution process refinement.
- Proofreads and formats documents to ensure quality and consistency.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information, quantitative reasoning; demonstrates exceptional attention to detail;
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner, contributes to insight and team problem solving;
- Communicates changes and progress;
- Tracks project team activities;
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Written Communication – Writes clearly, accurately and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Time Management – self-driven efficient use of time; flexibility to prioritize based on project/client/team needs
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Strong communication skills and wiliness to provide responsive support;
- Respect for Tribal governance and an understanding of Tribal government structures or a desire to learn the uniqueness of Tribal operations and communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working understanding of financial concepts, micro economics and financial statements
- Fast learner, hard-working, and have strong administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written skills including high-level of proficiency of MS Word report formatting, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of Google applications such as Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Ability to work independently and also in a team setting, with the ability to self-manage time and ensure deadlines are met with efficiency and high quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of project management and time allocation to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Possess a general familiarity and facility with numbers and the quantification of qualitative inputs
- Knowledge of Project Management software and Database software is a plus
- Knowledge of ESRI-ArcGIS is a plus
- Interest in strategic planning, economic development, governance, workforce development or other key area of Blue Stone’s service offerings
- Cultural awareness and respect for Native American, Hawaiian Native, and Alaskan Native Tribes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years business or Tribal work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree is preferred
Business, micro economic and/or analytical coursework is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours and workload may vary based on the project, occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Travel is required, on an as needed basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, occasionally required to stand and walk.
Because our company is Native-owned and the services we provide are only in Indian Country, Blue Stone Strategy Group gives hiring preference and consideration to Native Americans and/or Alaskan Natives
Job descriptions are used primarily to assist in the identification of the core duties and responsibilities of a position and to be used in determining the level of compensation for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be added or removed at the description of the company.