Blue Stone Careers
Reports To: Human Resources Services Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Initial Pay Range: $60,000 - $70,000 DOE
Responsible for developing unique training courses and programs for clients and their departments. The Training Coordinator duties include speaking with department leadership and the HR team to determine training needs, implementing training programs into company procedures and reviewing data from previous training programs to determine their success in helping employees learn about the client or a particular skill. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing and enhancing in-house training for internal team members.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
The Training Coordinator will be involved in a variety of tasks in all areas of Blue Stone's business activities. These tasks will generally be categorized in the following areas:
- Utilize multiple resources to gather industry-relevant data to assist in business development, marketing, and public relations to aid in building the Blue Stone brand and services.
- Gather and track data about relevant current events in Indian County and distribute them to the Blue Stone Team to assist in the creation of eblasts.
- Provide research for thought leadership, articles, press releases, website content and other Blue Stone communications.
- Create training schedules for all internal and external client departments, track and create reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records for Blue Stone.
- Train new hires on policies and procedures and use the best training methods for a specific purpose or audience.
- Gather and evaluate information from team members and management on previous training to identify weaknesses and areas that need additional training.
- Attend seminars and meetings to learn new training methods and techniques and use the knowledge to prepare and coordinate future training sessions.
- Market company training opportunities to potential clients and provide information on benefits to encourage participation.
- Inform team members on scheduled training and track their progress.
- Recommend training materials and methods, order and maintain in-house training equipment and facilities and manage the budget set for training.
- Handle administrative duties such as timesheets, pipeline reports, etc.
- Coordinate resources and appointments for Blue Stone projects, conferences and business development activities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information, quantitative reasoning; demonstrates exceptional attention to detail;
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner, contributes to insight and team problem solving;
- Communicates changes and progress;
- Tracks training activities;
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Written Communication - Writes clearly, accurately and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Time Management - self-driven efficient use of time; flexibility to prioritize based on project/client/team needs
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Strong communication skills and wiliness to provide responsive support;
- Respect for Tribal governance and an understanding of Tribal government structures or a desire to learn the uniqueness of Tribal operations and communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast learner, hard-working, and have strong administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written skills including high-level of proficiency of MS Word report formatting, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of Google applications such as Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Ability to work independently and also in a team setting, with the ability to self-manage time and ensure deadlines are met with efficiency and high quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of project management and time allocation to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Interest in strategic planning, economic development, governance, workforce development or other key area of Blue Stone's service offerings
- Cultural awareness and respect for Native American, Hawaiian Native, and Alaskan Native Tribes
Education And Experience:
- Bachelor's degree B. A. from a four-year college or university; or five to eight years business experience or Tribal work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree is preferred
- Minimum of five 5 years of training experience within all levels of an organization; Eight 8 years of experience or more is preferred
- Minimum of three 3 years of experience of leadership training experience; Five 5 years is preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours and workload may vary based on the project, occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Travel is required and may be up to 30% of work time. Travel will occur on an as needed basis based on client and business demands. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, occasionally required to stand and walk.
Job descriptions are used primarily to assist in the identification of the core duties and responsibilities of a position and to be used in determining the level of compensation for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be added or removed at the description of the company.